Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Dive Nite #2

Kristen was in town from Indiana for Sarah's wedding last weekend.  I invited her to dive night, naturally.  I was given the opportunity to do a "Try Dive" with her.  A mini DSD (Discover Scuba Diving).  Since I'm not a Divemaster, I'm not allowed to train those, yet.  The objective was to give her enough knowledge to work the equipment for a short pool dive.  

Stevie was kind enough to lend me her slates so I could go through the skills.  This was the best opportunity to practice my own skills when presenting to students.  Soon, I will be graded on my ability to show these skills for Divemaster.  Having my best friend be my first student was comforting, since I knew it was OK if I screwed up something and had to start over.  Less pressure.  

We started on the surface with explaining the skills.  Regulator clearing, mask clearing, reg recovery, and ear equalization.  She did beautifully!  If I do say so myself.

All in all, I think it went well.  Big Scuba smiles all around!  

No comments:

Post a Comment